Industry Advisory Board
Industry involvement is essential to the success of the Learning Factory. The Capstone Design Program was instituted at the urging of our industry partners, who recognize the need for graduates who are not only well trained in engineering fundamentals but also possess professional skills — such as teamwork, project management, cross-functional networking, communications, and design — to effectively compete in today's marketplace.
The development of our facilities and curricula has been overseen and guided by our Industry Advisory Board (IAB). The board members come from a variety of industries and have generously contributed their time, money, guidance, equipment, mentorship, and student job opportunities to make this program a success.
The IAB meets three times a year: Fall Project Kick-Off, Fall Design Showcase, and Spring Design Showcase.
Our Industry Advisory Board:
- Joel Bartholomew, B. Braun Medical, Inc.
- Mark Beltowski, John Deere
- Bryan Berical, BAE Systems
- John Cafeo, General Motors
- Jim Connolly, FedEx
- Heather McWhorter, SBDC and PennTAP
- William Frantz, Armstrong World Industries
- Todd Goodling, Ingram Micro, Inc.
- Ted Graef, All Traffic Solutions
- William Grauer, Boeing
- Thomas Kapelewski, SEKISUI SPI
- Paul Mittan, Lockheed Martin
- Perry Morrissette, Boeing
- Ryan Moyer, Shell
- Jorge Pacheco, John Crane
- Anthony Pancerella, Air Products
- Tanna Pugh, PennTAP
- Jack Shuttleworth, Inmarsat
- Anupam Singh, 113 Industries
- Rachel Smithers, ArcelorMittal (President)
- Jim Sorokes, Dresser-Rand
- Jason Steiner, Boeing (Vice President)